Who do I call regarding Parks & Recreation Services
Freeze Fest/Polar Plunge- Saturday March 18th
Grab your snow pants and bundle up for another great Freeze Fest event on Saturday, March 18th at Cravath Lakefront Park (341 S. Fremont St). Come enjoy all the activities and support our local Special Olympics.
Chili Cook Off: 11am - 2:30pm
Do you have the best chili recipe? Do you love to eat chili? Create your winning recipe and become part of the chili cook off or come the the event hungry and vote for your favorite chili. To register go to wwparks.org Class #6224.11, call 262-473-0535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no entry fee.
Polar Plunge: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Join hundreds of brave Wisconsin Winter Warriors as they plunge into the icy water of our 18,000 gallon pool at Cravath Lakefront Park as a part of Freeze Fest. Every plunger and non plunger takes the leap to raise funds to benefit Special Olympics Wisconsin athletes. Don't delay and be part of Freezin' for a Reason today! Visit www.PlungeWI.org to register
Total Event Schedule:
Friday, March 17th
2:00pm- 4:00pm Early Check-In @City Hall (312 W Whitewater Street)
Saturday, March 18th
8:30am-10:30am: Registration @ City Hall ( 312 W Whitewater Street)
9:30am-10:30am: Chili Cook Off Contestants set up
11:00am: Polar Plunge Opening Ceremony11:00am: Chili Cook-off Open, judging at 11:30am
After School Program 2023-2024
- Visit www.wwparks.org and register through Rec Desk
- For an easy search: Please use the following beginning numbers in the search bar to find the particular school you need
- Lakeview: 8130 & select each day needed. ** Lakeview Students will be bused to Washington
- Washington: 8140 & select each day needed.
- Lincoln: 8150 & select each day needed.
- You will need to click and select each and every date you need care. Please place all dates needed in your shopping cart and submit and pay at the end of your selections. To complete your transaction and save your spot, you will need to pay with a debit or credit card. You will receive a confirmation email from Rec Desk that your transaction took place. Your spot is then secure.
- Deadlines: To attend in March, you must register by February 15th. Any late registrations will be subject to a $25 late fee
Program Location & Cost
- The program will take place at each Elementary school from 3:00pm (Release of school) – 6:00pm. Families are welcome to pick up anytime after 3:00pm with the latest pick up being 6:00pm.
- The location within the schools will be the cafeteria
- Pick up instructions will be sent at a later date for each specific location
- The cost of the program is $12 daily and includes a snack.
- Please be sure to print off your payment monthly, as this will be helpful at tax time
Fun Program Details
- You have the ability to sign up for any and all days you need. There is no minimum or maximum that you need to attend
- The program schedule includes: snack (provided by us), homework time, playground adventures, crafts, and group play.
- The program will not take place on early release or non school days.
Inclement Weather Questions
As we approach months of questionable weather, it’s great to know our after school protocols. We follow the School Districts policy and judgements when it comes to weather cancellations.
- If after school activities are canceled due to weather, our program is also canceled and you must pick up your participant at the dismissal bell. Please note there are no after school staff on site when this takes place, so you must be at the school for dismissal.
- If school has early dismissal due to weather, our program is also canceled.
- If school is completely canceled due to weather, our program is also canceled.
In the event of cancellations of weather, you will be credited the day you prepaid for. This credit will go back onto the payment method you used to pay tuition.
Street Banner Reservations
City of Whitewater Trick or Treat
Tuesday, October 31st 4-7pm
The number to call is (262) 458-2799. Please use this number if you think there may be a cancellation due to inclement weather. As always, please check the website and your emails for cancellations as well.
Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan
Parks & Recreation Strategic Plan
The Parks and Recreation Department distributes two monthly newsletters and you can sign up for both or just that one that interests you below:
New Whitewater City Park! Minneiska Park
Tri-County Cooling & Heating/Picker's Market